4 Acacia Street
Byron Bay Arts and Business Park
With optional evening assignments.
For questions, please email us.
This 5-Day Retreat for men is an opportunity to engage in deep explorations into your body, mind, and experience with a unique guide and a tribe of committed individuals.
You will explore pathways that not only reveal and clarify the nature of your interior structures, but also equip you to practically apply these learnings in your life, work, and relationships.
The week will include a varied course of studies ranging from innovative movement practices to clear meditation instruction, and across a wide range of topics such as accessing the body’s subtle sensory arrays to the fundamentals of sexual yoga.
This event will not follow the usual trajectory of men’s work and runs counter-current to the prevailing fads of:
- Masochistic edge-pushing and endless self-improvement for approval.
- Leveraging and therefore compounding feelings of unworthiness and separateness for temporary emotional highs.
- The worker-bee programming of finding a purpose to feel fulfilled.
- Adopting pseudo-spiritual ideas about ‘masculine’ behaviours and traits as a substitute for genuine understanding.
- Outmoded accountability structures that disempower healthy individuals.
- Theatrical initiation rituals.
Areas of exploration include:
- Meditation instruction
- Breathing methods
- The Movement Koan Method™
- Innovative movement practices to explore your mind, body, patterns, and potential.
- Learn how to go beyond rules and conceptual ideals and connect with your own body’s intelligence to navigate yourself in the world and relationship.
- Explore how to feel, read, and communicate with others via your body and energy.
- Inquire into the principles of structural integrity as it pertains to polarity and intimacy.
- Learn the foundational requirements for proper sexual yoga and energetic work (with homework assignments).
- Work with strong sensation and emotions in the body as a preparation for death.
- Investigate how to see with the heart and act spontaneously from emptiness.
- Develop fluency in the mechanisms and applications of tension and relaxation.
- Access and decode your body’s wisdom, diagnostics, and subtle sensory arrays.
- Understand how the body opens, increasing mobility and ability, in an effective manner without incurring injury.
- Learn how to embody concepts such as Zen’s ‘don’t know’ and ‘beginner’s mind’ – moving from the conceptual to the experiential.
- Learn how to construct your own personal home practice that is tailored to your individual capabilities and interests.
Bonus Self-Study Projects
In addition to the group work during workshop hours, this event includes the option of personal interviews with a guided course of after hours self-study. This means you can work through the week with Steve on any area specific to your interests and receive individual assignments, reporting back to dial in your own process and development.
All levels welcome.
Steve James has worked for over ten years with private clients by referral only, both in 1-1 contexts and in closed-door intensives for small groups. He has an extensive background of deep explorations in various embodiment practices (including martial arts, yoga, and qigong), meditation, contemplative and mystic traditions, music, extreme survival, interpersonal and business strategy, and a comprehensive sexual yoga expertise. Steve’s clients range from pioneering entrepreneur CEO’s and multi-billion dollar fund managers to Grammy-winning rockstars and Oscar-nominated actors.
For questions, please email email@example.com