- Ideal for a stand-alone practice, daily joint maintenance, and an effective warm-up
- Long and short sequences to suit your schedule
- Scaleable to any fitness level, from beginner to advanced
- A potent approach that brings ease to the body while stimulating the mind
- Improve neuroplasticity and body intelligence with fun challenge sequences
- Develop muscular efficiency via somatic investigation
- Bonus guided meditation and presentation of the method
This material is an expression of Steve’s 25+ years of deep engagement in various somatic practices (including competitive martial arts, yoga, and qigong), meditation as well as contemplative and mystic traditions.
The Movement Koan® Method forms the basis of the embodiment instructions in all our workshops and intensives alongside the Non-Linear Movement Method®. Those of you who’ve experienced Steve’s movement work first-hand know how effective it is for opening the body and leading into intimacy practices, partnered work, and meditation – so we’re really excited to be able to make this available for you to follow along at home!
The video includes two whole-body standing sequences, a dedicated floor section designed to open the hips and prepare the body for sitting in meditation (or on the floor in general) and a bonus guided meditation in the style Steve teaches at our events.
We hope you will enjoy this video as a new addition to your bodily practices and a great way to give to your body and integrate your workshop experiences in daily life!
Available for instant download or on DVD. Running time 73 minutes.
Steve James has worked for over ten years with private clients by referral only, both in 1-1 contexts and in closed-door intensives for small groups. He has an extensive background of deep explorations in various embodiment practices (including martial arts, yoga, and qigong), meditation, contemplative and mystic traditions, music, wilderness survival, interpersonal and business strategy, and a comprehensive sexual yoga expertise. Steve’s clients range from pioneering entrepreneur CEO’s and multi-billion dollar fund managers to Grammy award-winning rockstars and Oscar-winning actors.