Our approach to Men’s work runs counter-current to the prevailing fads of:
- Masochistic edge-pushing and endless self-improvement.
- Adopting pseudo-spiritual ideas about ‘masculine’ behaviors and traits as a substitute for genuine understanding.
- Leveraging and therefore compounding feelings of unworthiness and separateness for temporary emotional highs.
- The tranquillizing use of idealism to anesthetize personal exploration.
- The worker-bee mirage of finding your purpose to feel fulfilled.
- Outmoded accountability structures that disempower healthy individuals.
- Theatrical initiation rituals.
Instead we engage in empowered learning via the following methods:
Steve’s Movement Koan® Method is a fusion of joint-nourishing movement and body-based mindfulness. Originally developed for maintaining and opening the body in long-term meditation retreat, it has deep applications for somatic education, muscular efficiency, injury rehabilitation, neuroplasticity, and self-inquiry.
- Learn how to go beyond rules and conceptual ideals and connect with your own body’s intelligence to navigate yourself in the world and relationship.
- Explore how to feel, read, and communicate with others via the body.
- Develop fluency in the mechanisms of tension and relaxation, and access and decode the body’s wisdom, diagnostics, and subtle sensory arrays.
- Understand how the body opens and increase mobility and ability in an effective manner that minimizes potential injury.
Drawing from various traditions and sourced in living experience, we meditate as a means to engage with life. In developing the core attentional skills of concentration, sensory clarity, and equanimity we can reduce suffering, increase satisfaction, gain insight into self and other, become more skillful in the world, and uncover a spirit of genuine service. You will learn a variety of techniques, as well as an understanding of how and when to use them.
Engaging with Sensations
Through engaging bodily practices, meditation, and nature we explore relationship to the full spectrum of sensations from the pleasurable to the unpleasant. This engagement can be applied to situations of stress, survival, emotional turmoil, and also has strong performance and relational implications.
Engaging with discipline
You will be supported to develop a personal practice of your own and a broad understanding with which you can self-guide or work within various traditions, approaches, and practice modalities. The same principles do apply to high performance and career.
Engagement and Relationship
You have the option to learn the foundational requirements for relational yoga and it’s energetic underpinnings. In our study groups and Immersions you can receive specific homework assignments pertaining to this inquiry, which will support the body and train the nervous system.